We are pleased to announce that GEM Compliance Training now offer Driver CPC training to those professional drivers who require a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) to work.
Unsure if this applies to you? Confused by what you need to do? Let us set the record straight and help you to complete your Driver CPC with minimum hassle.
What You Need to Know
What is Driver CPC training?
Driver CPC training is designed to ensure that you are a competent and proficient driver by improving your knowledge, enhancing your skills and ultimately making the roads a safer place to be. It’s a legal requirement and without your Driver CPC, you are not legally allowed to drive your vehicle for commercial purposes. What’s more, driving without a Driver Qualification Card (the card you receive after you pass the Driver CPC initial qualification or complete 35 hours of periodic training) carries a maximum fine of £1,000 for both the driver and the operator licence holder – as does failing to produce it.
Does it apply to me?
With the exception of a small number of drivers, Driver CPC training is a requirement for all lorry, bus and coach drivers, or any vehicle driven professionally that is:
- Over 3.5 tonne
- Fitted with a tachograph
- Capable of carrying over 9 people
- Used for ‘hire and reward’
How do I achieve my Driver CPC?
- You must complete 35 hours of Driver CPC training every 5 years.
- As long as you complete a minimum of 7 hours training at any one time, you can complete your 35 hours training periodically over 5 years in whatever timeframe you wish.
- You must complete your training via an approved course provider.
- You only need to complete one set of training every 5 years if you drive both lorries and buses professionally.
- You must always carry your Driver CPC card whilst driving professionally.
- You must do the training in the country where you work or normally live.
How We Can Support You
We hold regular Driver CPC public courses at our training venues in Bradford and Keighley. All our public courses are open to individuals or groups who wish to complete the following modules:
To book your place with GEM Compliance Training, please click here.
In association with Northern Health & Safety Training Services, we can also deliver Driver CPC training at your place of work to groups of drivers, either during business hours or on an evening or weekend to suit your needs. Onsite training is ideal for those looking to complete the required 35 hours training in one go over the space of a week. Bespoke training packages can be provided and we offer discounts on block bookings. In addition to the two modules listed above, we offer onsite training for the following modules:
- Manual Handling and Fire Safety (7 hours)
- Safe Loading & Health and Safety Awareness (7 hours)
- Driver Well-being and Safe Fuel Efficient Driving (7 hours)
If you are interested in discussing onsite training in more detail, please contact us.
Our flexible approach means that delegates attending the Emergency First Aid module, have the option to gain an accredited Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2 qualification, for only an extra £10 (+ VAT). By completing this combined course, you will become a qualified First Aider in your workplace, as well as gaining your 7-hours Driver CPC training. Two certificates, one course!
To book your place with GEM Compliance Training, please click here and choose the ‘Emergency First Aid at Work Top Up’.
As with all Driver CPC courses, there is no formal assessment for any of the modules listed. Upon successful completion, you will receive a JAUPT approved Driver CPC certificate for the module and hours completed.