Our First Aid at Work Re-qualification Level 3 course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending our 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 course, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending our 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 and does not require a full First Aid at Work Level 3 course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training course after discussions with the employer or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full First Aid at Work Level 3 course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be advisable to arrange their First Aid at Work Refresher before they expire.
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least 2 days.
Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
Assessment of the situation
Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
Fractures and spinal injuries
Control of bleeding
Sprains and strains
Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Assessment is ongoing by our First Aid instructor and upon successful completion of this course they will receive an accredited nationally recognised Ofqual regulated certificate valid for 3 years.
A maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role. The certificate will expire as dated on the certificate, irrespective of age.
Course cost is only £100 + VAT per person
(includes certification and a First Aid at Work handbook to keep)
Booking a course or a public course place(s)
We can arrange to deliver our First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 courses in your workplace to groups of 6 or more. Courses delivered in your workplace can be delivered during business hours or on evenings and weekends to suit your needs. Bespoke training packages can be provided and we can offer discounts on block bookings. We pride ourselves on our flexible approach in meeting our client’s needs. Should you be interested in discussing your requirements in more detail please contact us.
Alternatively we have regular First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 public courses coming up taking place at our training venues in Leeds, Bradford, Bingley, Keighley, Skipton and Ilkley. All our First Aid at Work Requalification Level 3 public courses are open to anybody wishing to book a place or places for a group. To view all our First Aid at Work Requalification public courses coming up click on the ‘Book Online’ button below and you will be taken to our First Aid at Work Requalification public course page. On this page you will be able to book your place(s) and a secure payment can be made to confirm your booking. If you prefer to use a different payment method contact us on (01535) 445002 or email us on email@example.com
If you have any questions or our public course dates are not convenient please contact us to see if we can offer you an alternative solution.