Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF)
Our Level 3 Award in Education and Training has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching, unless units from the Learning and Development Suite of qualifications are selected;
• Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
• Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
This qualification has a minimum of 48 guided learning hours over a period of time on a one to one basis or as part of a group session.
How is the qualification assessed?
Through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the candidate has met the required assessment criteria. Candidates will be expected to apply and show evidence of both theoretical and practical knowledge in their portfolio.
A range of subjects are covered including:
Roles and responsibilities in education and training
Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
Relationships between teachers and other professionals
Boundaries between the teaching role and other professionals
Points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
Inclusive teaching, including:
• Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
• Creating an inclusive teaching and learning plan
• Justifying own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to individual learner needs
Delivering inclusive teaching and learning to meet individual needs, including:
• Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning including areas for improvement
• Different methods of assessment and how they can be adapted to meet individual learner needs
• How to involve learners and others in the assessment process The role and use of constructive feedback
Record keeping of assessments
Course cost is only £299 + VAT per person
(includes certification and an Education and Training handbook to keep)
In order to complete this qualification, candidates are required to:
• Be a minimum of 19 years of age; and
• There are no formal entry requirements, however, centres are responsible for ensuring that
learners can meet the necessary standards of English, Mathematics and Information Communication Technology skills required to undertake this qualification and that this is captured and recorded from an initial assessment. The initial assessment should form part of the portfolio of evidence.
Want to sign up to this qualification?
Get in contact us with us to discuss your requirements further on (01535) 445002 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assign you an Education and Training Assessor for your qualification who will arrange with you to come out to your workplace to carry out your initial visit and to plan out your learning journey to completion.