Do you need a CSCS Card?

Well you have come to the right place because here at GEM we have the facilities to offer CSCS testing in Bradford, Halifax, Sheffield and Leeds.

Call us on (01274) 752777 to book a CSCS test 

One team, one place, one day!

Did you know you can attend our regulated 1 day Health and Safety Awareness or our 1 day Site Safety Plus training courses recognised by CITB, and take your CSCS test, all on the same day, at the same venue?

Call us on (01274) 752777 to book on a 1 day course and CSCS test on the same day

CSCS Card Types

Remember every construction site worker now has to have a CSCS card. There any many different types of CSCS card, the one you will receive is dependent upon your qualifications and your job role. See further down the page for more information.

Labourer’s Card – Originally named Operatives Card, this card is for labourers only. To gain this card you have sit the one day Health & Safety in a Construction Environment Level 1 (RQF) Course or a 1 day Site Safety Plus Course and pass the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test.

Blue Skilled Worker Card – This card is for any tradesman with an NVQ/SVQ of level 2 or a completed employer sponsored apprenticeship which includes a city and guilds craft certificate. Also requires a successful pass of the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test.

Gold Advanced Craft/Supervisory Card – This card is for advanced craft tradesman or supervisors that have achieved a Construction Related NVQ /SVQ level 3 or have completed an approved indentured apprenticeship (e.g.with NJCBI, BATJIC etc.) or completed an employer sponsored apprenticeship which included the achievement of a City and Guilds of London Institute Advanced Craft Certificate. Also requires a successful pass of the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test.

Black Managerial Card – This card is available for manager occupations subject to achievement of a Construction related NVQ/SVQ level 4, 5, 6 or 7 in the relevant construction management level qualification. Also requires a successful pass of the CSCS Managers and Professionals Test.

Apprentice Card – This card is available if you are undertaking an apprenticeship through a recognised national college, you can do the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test and apply for an apprentice card that lasts until the completion of your qualification.

Trainee Card – This card is available if you don’t hold a valid NVQ or not doing an apprenticeship, you can complete the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test and get a 6 month trainee card. (Please note you can only hold this card once)

**Please note,  CSCS don’t issue all cards for all occupations, the list below details the card issuers for each type of occupation/card.**

  • Electricians – ECS
  • Gas Engineer – JIB PHMES
  • Plumbers – JIB PHMES
  • Scaffolders – CISRS
  • Engineers in Construction  – ACE ECITB
  • Utilities – EUSR
  • Engineering Services  – SKILLcard
  • Demolition – CCDO

Applying for a CSCS Card

Before you begin an online CSCS card application, the Construction Skills Certification Scheme need you to have when applying:

  • A scanned copy of this qualification certificate, or proof that you are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to your occupation.
  • A scanned copy of your pass certificate for the appropriate level of CITB Health, safety and environment (HSE) test, and dated to within the last 2 years.
  • A credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee.

For further information regarding your CSCS card application and to apply for a CSCS card, follow this link Applying for CSCS Card

Do you want help preparing for your CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test?

Why not try our e-learning course which is designed for candidates who are wanting to prepare for the touch screen test. The course reviews the key learning objectives of the Level 1 course and concludes with a 50 question test that has been produced in the style of the touch screen test.

Duration 120 mins* – £12.50

Free Trial or Buy Now